Sunday, May 26, 2013

Needing Peace

This morning is a brand new day. It is chilly, especially for Memorial Day week-end, but the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day from the LORD. I know He is here as He is every day, I just need to feel His presence this morning, not out in the big world, but right here in my heart. I am not sure what is wrong. I often feel this way on Sunday morning.
God, I know you love me. I know you are faithful. I know you have never left me, and never will. Help me this morning, please, to concentrate on YOU and not these feelings. Help me to trust you, and not to worry. Help me to be kind and compassionate this morning as we go to church and share your love with those who come.  I want today to be about YOU. Your desires, your will, your leading is what I desperately need and want. It is about YOU, Jesus, not me.
I am sorry for wanting to control things and for not leaving them in your hands. It is as if I am saying that I can do better, that I know better, and that I do not need you. I lay everything down at your feet this morning. My thoughts, my emotions, my fears, my wants are all given to YOU. In the Name of Jesus.

Learning to trust God . . . In my nervousness . . . One day at a time.

No comments: