Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Disappointment

I know that God wants us to bring all things to Him in prayer. I know He hears our prayers, and I know He answers them. But I still get a feeling of disappointment and sorrow when He does not answer certain ones like I would like Him to. Why does He choose not to heal, especially a child?

When it comes right down to it, it is all about trusting Him and having faith. I know that, but my feelings still get in there and I feel such pain and disappointment .

I don't doubt, I don't get angry, but sometimes I just don't understand. However, I believe His purposes will still be fulfilled! But then, I don't have to understand because God is God, and I am not! He has never left me, He has never forsaken me, and He has never broken a promise. He never will. He loves us with an everlasting love.
I think the lesson I am learning is that in all this, God desires not only faith and trust but praise, too. That does not mean that it is easy to praise when you see people devastated by horrendous news about themselves or regarding a loved one. He just wants us to continually focus on seeking His face and His will. He wants us to allow the Holy Spirit to comfort us and He wants to take away our pain. He wants to bring us close to His side and shelter us and protect us.

Trusting Him,
Carla

No comments: