Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grumbling


I often find myself grumbling!  It is not usually  about things, but about people.  
The vast majority of the time I am not grumbling to others, but to God.  I have a special time that I talk to God about these things. Usually it is before I get out of bed in the morning.  I love this time of fellowship and communion with my Father.  It's like I have a daily appointment with Him, and I would feel bad if I missed it! I look forward to talking things over with Him, and I think He looks forward to hearing from me, too!  I talk, He listens; I grumble, He still listens; I grumble more and He's still there.  He  tenderly reminds me of His love.  He shows me His great mercy and patience.  Yet I still grumble!  I grumble more, and He talks to me in His still small voice.  His message speaks loudly to my heart.  He desires for me to hear Him, yet never forces Himself upon me. He reminds me to pray for the people I am grumbling about.  He reminds me that it is them not me and thus He will take care of it, I don't have to!  Often His Spirit gently convicts me of my own sin.  He continues to grant me His mercy and His grace.  I talk more and He is still attentive to my needs, but the more we commune together, I find I am grumbling less, and praising Him more.  I feel comforted, I feel peaceful. I learn to give the thoughts and feelings to Him to take care of.   A journey of learning to trust God is one where I am seeing that I can talk and talk and talk and grumble and complain but god has an answer for me. Sometimes I just have to stop and be quiet and listen. He is always there, always has all the time we need, and looks forward to the next time we come to Him in prayer.  I can't imagine not having my daily talks with Him! I can't imagine what it would be like to wake up and not be able to cast these burdens on Him, and be reassured that He will take care of them.

Learning To Trust God . . . In My Grumbling . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: