Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He is Teaching Me


Last night I actually fell asleep talking to God about how He would want me to grow.  I wanted specifics from Him as I am trying to focus on those new beginnings I posted about yesterday.  He gave me some ideas!! Yes, before I dozed off He was already answering me!  Today I was sitting here listening to the radio and the song "I Can Only Imagine" came on.  It is a song that has been around for years now and every time I hear it it moves me. It talks about what Heaven will be like!  It talks about what we might do there!  All of a sudden I felt that quiet nudging of the Holy Spirit reinforcing what God had spoken to me last night.  He wants me to be more Heaven -minded!  Heaven is my true home!  I don't normally consider myself a "worldly" person, but God showed me that too often I am focusing way too much of my time, efforts, and thoughts on the here and now.  As I am on this journey to learn to trust God one day at a time, I am learning that there are a lot of things He wants me to do do with my time.  He wants me to focus less on the things of the world.  One of those areas to begin with is to be more prayerful about how much I watch  tv.  I have never thought of praying about something I do so often.  I know that some shows are just a big NO and would never even consider watching them. The issue is more the time element, versus what I do watch. I think there are things I could and should be doing that will allow me to focus less on the world and more on the coming Kingdom!  The center of my interests and my activities should be according to His leading me. I am asking  what He wants and He is answering. Now I just need to cultivate an obedient heart in my new beginnings!

Learning to Trust God . .. As He Teaches Me . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: