Saturday, January 3, 2009

A willing Vessel

I just finished reading the book "The Nativity Story."  I checked it out from the library with a couple of other books to read after Christmas was over and before the new year schedules begin again.  It was based on the scriptural account of the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ, and much of it revolved around Mary.  I loved reading about how Mary was so human and it gave me a great deal of insight into the thoughts and culture of the day. Now I will have to watch the movie!  After reading the book, I have been contemplating on how Mary was so willing to be a vessel used by God.  Mary had a fixed desire to do God's will, no matter what the people around her thought, because she was doing what ADONAI had asked her to do.  She did not understand all of her calling but lived each day following Him in obedience and courage. I want to be a willing vessel who is used by God. Where He leads, I want to follow with full trust and commitment to Him.  I want to do what He wants, be who He created me to be, and do it all willingly for Him. Each day I wake up I want to be ready, eager and prepared to serve the Lord.  I need to learn to restrain from doing my own thing and to follow God with a willing heart.  After all God created me. He loves me and He has given me my life, not merely for myself, but for Him. He has given me Jesus, as my protector and my refuge. I look at Mary as being filled with faith, and as this new year is beginning, my prayer is that my faith in the Lord will become greater and intensify.  As my faith increases, my prayer is that my will and desires will decrease and I will become conformed more to His image and His will. May I be seen by the Lord as a willing vessel, a servant to be used for His Kingdom!  May I come to know in a deeper and more personal way, the wonder of Immanuel, God with us.

Learning to Trust God . . . To Become a Willing Vessel . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: