Monday, January 12, 2009

Trusting God

This blog that I have been writing for some time now is all about how I am learning to trust God one day at a time.  Some days I go through things that bring me to my knees and He uses these times to teach me the lessons I need  to learn about trusting Him. Some times people I know are going through tough times, and God uses these times to help me to learn to trust Him, too.  It is not easy to see people I love and care about go through difficulties. Today God used a portion of Scripture to help me to see another aspect of trust. I was reading in my devotional book from Exodus 3: 7-8,  about how cruelly God's people had been treated by the Egyptians.  This cruelty went on for so many years.  It is hard to understand why God would allow that to happen to His own people.  It would be easy to question God.  That is one of those portions of Scripture that when I read it I have to concentrate completely on the character of God! I have to think about the God I know personally,  and the God who loves me and has a plan for my life. He is the God who redeemed me, and set me free. He is the God I am learning to trust. God told His people that He saw their oppression. He knew what was going on, and was not unaware of their circumstances.  Today I realized in a special way that He not only saw the Israelites as a group He also saw them as individuals; just as He sees me and knows me personally. He heard their cry.  He knew their sorrows, and eventually He delivered them. That encourages me greatly to know that when  I may feel like I am being mistreated or misunderstood that God sees all and knows all of my circumstances, too.  Just as God heard the cries of the Israelites, He hears my cries to Him as well. I never have to feel alone or question where God is in my trials. I can trust Him.  I know that in His perfect timing and according to His perfect will He will answer me and show me His ways.  It gives me such comfort to know I am not alone. It brings me such joy to know that God cares! In the good times and the hard times I can say with confidence I am  learning to trust God!


Learning to Trust God . . .  With My Life . . .  One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: