Thursday, January 1, 2009

Joy to You This New Year!

It seems right to begin a new year of blogging with the words "Happy New Year."  I have already said it to friends, family and strangers throughout the last couple of days as 2008 was ending and 2009 was being ushered in.  I do wish everyone a happy year, and I would wish for myself a happy year as well.  But in reality I know I will not always be happy.  I will not always have those feelings of contentment, pleasure, and confidence.  My mood will not always be cheery or merry.  Things in my life will not always be without troubles or cares.  That is just not the real world.  We do not live in a sphere of fantasy where everything and everyone is free from anxiety and problems.  We are not always happy!! But reality is that as I walk with God, the happiness I don't always experience or have can be replaced with joy and trust. It is in knowing Him that we can have joy deep within even when  things all around us seem to be falling apart.  It is very possible that in 2009 we will experience a few or perhaps many trials and tribulations.. Things may be difficult to deal with or understand. We may encounter or come up against issues in our relationships, with our finances, adverse health issues or loneliness . The list doesn't stop here. However, we must always remember that God is in control and that He loves us. He is still on the throne and that alone should bring us to our knees with gratitude and joy even in the darkest of times.  When we look to Him we are then able to look past and away from ourselves and beyond our circumstances.  We will not always be happy, but we can always have joy.  God is with us!  So instead of 'Happy New Year" I wish you all a New Year filled with the joy of the Lord and many blessings! I pray we will all keep our eyes fixed on Jesus in 2009!

Learning to Trust God . . . In  Joy . . . One Day at a Time

Carla



No comments: