Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Therapy

The past couple of days I have been out walking in this cold weather and loving every second of it!  Yes, I am bundled up, and don't go too terribly far, but being outside is great "therapy" for me when I am down and depressed!  This week I have tended to worry about the present and the future.  I have not questioned God's love or His character, but in my confusion I have sought to know and understand His will.  Walking out in His creation helps to clear my mind and invigorate my soul! I feel refreshed with a renewed strength and energy to "keep on keeping on" doing His will and trusting Him.  I have also found a renewed peace of mind.  He has changed my thoughts and given me with a heart of  extreme gratitude for all of my many blessings.  He has reminded me of what is truly important in this life. I also have a greater expectation and excitement for His imminent return! It is so easy for me to turn inward and obsess over problems and trials and think the worse case scenarios. I allow my mind to dwell on a sequence of events that could possibly happen, but most likely will not.  These events tend to be the worse thing that could happen, rather than the best!  I have so much growing to do in putting my total faith in God and allowing Him to guide my life daily. He has shown me very clearly that I have been allowing my circumstances  and my emotions to dictate my thoughts rather than His Spirit and His Word.  I truly love the Lord and am passionate about wanting to trust Him in all things. I am thankful He has once again shown His faithfulness to me by walking  beside me and quietly leading me down the path I desperately want to be on  . . . a life of daily trust and obedience to Him.  "Create in me a clean heart,  O God.  Renew a loyal spirit, within me."

Learning to Trust God . . . When I am Feeling Down . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: