Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thankful Heart

Today is Thanksgiving and I am up early this morning, taking a few minutes to reflect on what I am thankful for. I realized as I mentally made my list that it is not so much "what" I am thankful for but for whom I am thankful for.  I am thankful for the Lord being in my life, because without Him I don't know where I would be today.  My life is truly blessed because of His prescence. I am thankful because of His  plan and His will for my life. I am thankful that He has brought others into my life. I am thankful for the way I have seen Him work in the lives of those around me. I am thankful that as I journey along on this path I am doing it with Him right beside me.  When I fall down He picks me up and when I am dry He fills my cup! I am thankful that He meets my needs.  I am thankful He has given us His Word. I am thankful for His love, His protection, His peace, His comfort and His mercy.  I am thankful for His beautiful creation surrounding me.  I am thankful for the blessed hope of Christ's return some day soon and I am thankful for the joy that is awaiting me in Heaven.  So as my day is beginning to unfold I have much joy in knowing the Lord and I give Him thanks for all He has done for me.  

Learning to Trust God . . . With a Thankful Heart . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: