Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hard Times

It is a comfort to know that God is working even when I don't see it or feel it.  He has not and will not forsake me. He wants to have a relationship with me.  That will never change. My life is being stretched to better understand that He wants me to walk by faith not by sight. He doesn't expect me to go by my feelings and have them change according to what is happening around me.  As I am learning to trust Him more fully and completely, I realize that just because there are not always the outward changes that I want to see so desperately, it does not mean that God has changed or forgotten me!  It doesn't mean He is not working or that He is not aware of the circumstances. That is where the trusting and the faith come together hand in hand.  God's quiet voice is still echoing His promises and I just need to be still enough to hear.  His hand is still upholding me and His heart is still loving me unconditionally.  He is in control.  What a peace in times of uneasiness and doubt!

Learning to Trust God . . . Even When it is Hard . . . One Day at a Time


Carla

No comments: