Monday, October 13, 2008

Life's Moments

This morning I awoke and went into the living room and as I was sitting on the couch I glanced outside. "When did this happen?" I glanced at the tree across the street from our house.  This morning the leaves are all red, and the last time I looked they were still green.  After spending a few days in bed being sick, the sight of the red leaves was a real surprise!  I looked at the other trees from my window and sure enough there were a variety of colors that I had not previously noticed.  The beauty of the world around me seems to be almost exploding!  Today even the sky looks bluer. What a beautiful time of year to enjoy the outdoors.  In my case it is from a window and from my back deck.  I can't help but to think deeply and carefully how God is our Creator. I've reflected on His goodness and His love.  This morning I noticed that even the squirrels seemed to have an added energy as they were busy rustling in the leaves. I sat outside on the deck and allowed the warmth of the sun to shine down on my face.  For just a few moments I felt as if I were taken far away from my problems and discomfort and I felt totally content and good and happy! 
It's amazing what  even a momentary "mini- vacation" can do for the spirit! 

Learning to Trust God . . . In the Moments of  Life . . . One Day at a Time

No comments: