Monday, September 29, 2008

Burdens

My heart is so heavy this morning.  Something just does not seem right.  I don't have the peace of God this morning. I am burdened by so much that is going on around me. First I see my own shortcomings and ways I seem to fail.  Then there are the sins of others that I am aware of. I also see so much lack of commitment and apathy. On top of these things, many I know are suffering from illness or financial difficulties.  Just these past few days I have learned of real legitimate hurt in people's lives.  Some are suffering because of the loss of a baby through miscarriage, others through still birth, and others uncertain about their pregnancies.  Then there are the marital problem that women and men face every day.  Some search for answers and seek help. Others have just given up hope.  There are others who are making poor choices in the way they are raising their children. People's priorities are wrong and they don't listen to the truth. I wish people would just be honest and not hide behind masks. When things are more out in the open, we can help each other. We can carry each others burdens and we will know how to pray.  Sometimes it seems too much to bear and too difficult to carry.  I know God says we are to cast our cares on Him.  I am gaining a deeper appreciation of this concept when I think about how truly loving God is to be willing to take this all from us and bear it.  Christ who was sinless bore the sins of the whole world on His shoulders as He willingly went to the cross and died for us.  That is amazing love.  And He is still every day every moment willing to bear everything for us again.  He doesn't need to die again. His death meant "it is finished."  We are the ones that need to die . . . die to self.  Trusting God daily is not necessarily too hard but it is a learning process in which I am called on to give everything over to Him.  He does not want me to feel the way I do.  He wants me to give this heaviness and weariness  over to Him so I can experience His peace.  This is a faith walk, as we are not to go by our feelings.  They come and they go.  I am so aware that we live in a fallen world.  I can not point fingers at people in judgement when I have my own sins to deal with.  Many times the burdens I have and the loads others are experiencing  have nothing to do with personal sin, it is just the consequences of the world we live in. I desperately want God to reach down and take care of me and heal my hurts and disappointments and make everything okay.  I want Him to do that for my friends and family members, too. Yet, many times He allows us to go through things to help us grow in our trust for Him.  Many times through my hurtful experiences, and difficult burdens, I have learned to comfort others because I have experienced His comfort. Burdens can bring us closer to the Lord if we allow them to. 
 Lord, help me to cast my burdens upon You, as I know You care for me. Amen

Learning to Trust God . . . Giving Him My Burdens . . . One Day at a Time

Carla 

No comments: