Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Father's World!

Steve and I have been on a little get-away in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania.  The best part of being away is spending so much time with my husband.  It is fun to explore new places together and experience things with one another.  We went to several breathtaking waterfalls and I don't know how many times we said "look at that" or "look over there" to each other.  It was also fun to drive on the back roads and have the time to leisurely stop and take in the view or snap some pictures!  I don't know what the highlight of the trip was, except way up on the list would be that we saw a bear!! We were driving and as casually as ever Steve said, "There's a bear!"  We turned the car around to see if we could take some pictures or a better look but, of course, he was gone. He had come out of a corn field and walked across a small road into the woods.  Steve said he must have been foraging some corn.  Even though we missed getting a picture, the memory will forever be in our minds.  I think it was a little surprise from God as it certainly made our evening!!  Praise God for His goodness to us. We did take lots of pictures in God's beautiful creation and praised and thanked Him for allowing us to be apart of it together. What a wonderful God we serve!  As we were packing up and leaving I saw a skunk.  I walked way too close to it with our garbage, but ran back afraid he would spray me!!  I had always wanted to see a skunk in the wild, too!!  Just another reminder that God loves me and wants to give me joy in my journey!  I think it also shows that God has a sense of humor! This time away, shared with my wonderful husband,  caused me to be even more in awe of God! The majesty of His creation was everywhere.  I am convinced that this is my Father's World!  

Learning to Trust God  . . . In His World . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: