Monday, September 15, 2008

Hope

  Today I was cleaning out an old notebook full of papers I no longer needed.  I started reading some of the things I had written last year.  God knew I needed to see and reflect on some of the thoughts  I had written in the past, and the things He had taught me. God is so good, that because of  His love He doesn't mind bringing these gentle reminders to me over and over again.  God is my hope and  I realize that true hope comes only from Him.  He is my hope in all things; in every part of my life.  So today I am not going to write much, but I am going to be thinking  a lot about the reality of the word hope.  I woke up discouraged, but as I walk with God today and pray and uplift my burdens to Him, I know He will replace any negative feelings and emotions with faith and confidence that He is working!  He will help me to remember His truth!  Hope is more than wishful thinking and chance, it is a confidence and an expectancy in who God is.  It is believing that God keeps His promises!

Learning to Trust God . . . In Hope . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: