Thursday, August 7, 2008

His Gifts

Today I received some amazing gifts.  They were not in boxes or bags. No, these gifts came from my Creator and they didn't need any fancy wrappings or bows.  On this journey to learn to trust God, He is constantly reminding me of His love.  And today, just an ordinary day, His reminder came in allowing me to see some of His workmanship, some of His love for me.  First there were the perfectly spaced rows of corn.  They start out so small and seemingly insignificant and yet today they were so green and so tall, so perfect.  My Heavenly Father helped them to grow into what they have become today.  I was awe struck!  A little later I witnessed a field of Queen Anne's Lace.  The flowers are so fragile, so delicate, and I could just imagine them in a beautiful bouquet being held by a bride as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day.   God made those flowers!  What a treasure! What a gift!  He also made the Golden Rod, so vivid as it seemed to reflect the sun as it stood growing along the side of the road.  It was blooming right where  God had chosen to plant it, looking so majestic and bold.  What a wonderful gift from my loving God!  Another awesome gift I received today was was being able to catch a glimpse of a mother doe with her two fawns frolicking along the side of the road.  They looked so peaceful and so fearless as they played together in the warm summer sun.  It almost seemed like they were dancing, and God was supplying the music!  What a blessing to be a part of their little world for a short time.  I was so thankful as I watched a beautiful black and yellow Monarch butterfly flittering around so freely amidst the tall, towering, stately evergreen trees. God's gifts to me today were such a reminder of His love and His workmanship.  Thank- you God for allowing me to experience these awesome gifts from You today.  My heart is overflowing with joy and thanksgiving, for Your goodness to me today and every day.  Most of all I thank You for Jesus my Saviour!  Thank You!  Thank You!  Amen!  

Learning to trust God . . . amazed by His gifts . . . One Day at a time.

Carla

No comments: