Sunday, August 10, 2008

Praying for China

This morning I am up early, in spite of the fact I went to bed late last night.  We have been watching bits and pieces of the Olympics from China.  On my wrist I am wearing a bracelet from The Voice of the Martyrs that says Pray For China. That is exactly what I have been doing.  I think that I could not sleep this morning because I have felt the deep need to pray.  But how do I pray for these beautiful people?  "For God so loved the world (Chinese) that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him (Chinese) shall not perish, but have eternal life (Chinese)."  John 3:16.  That's how to begin, to look at China as more  than a country and more than another people group, but as individuals loved by God. He sees what is going on in China.  It is very sad to think of the persecution that takes place over there and around the world.   People are being persecuted for their belief in the Lord Jesus Christ.  God sees these people and loves them.  I hate war and I hate persecution!  Watching the Olympics has reminded me that in so many ways we are all the same.  We have feelings, dreams, hopes, desires.  But in other ways we are different.  Our political and religious beliefs affect who we are and what we think.  The governments around the world are affecting the actions and outlooks of some, but deep down people have the same basic needs.  We all need to be loved. So I will just pray, and as always, God will see my heart and hear my prayers in spite of not knowing how to truly pray for China. I just have to trust Him to work.

Learning to trust God . . . praying for China . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: