Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Paying the Price

 I have been trying to come up with some extra cash recently as things are really tight financially.  I found a few pieces of glassware, a plate, a tea set, some jewelry all that I think may be antiques.  My big question is where do  take these items  and how much are they worth?  How much money will someone be willing to pay me for my "stuff ?"  Or is anyone even willing to part with their hard earned money for something that may not have much worth?  I will have to talk to some people and see which direction to go.  God showed me something as I was pondering the worth of my things.  It is amazing but Jesus never questioned how much I am worth, or where to go to make a payment!  To Him I was worth all He had.  God gave Him into the world to give His life for me.  Jesus knew exactly where He needed to go and that was directly to the cross.  He had no questions, He just  willingly went to the cross and died upon it for me!  He paid the price for my sins.  I can hardly contain myself just thinking about that!  His love is so deep, so pure, so unconditional.  He humbled Himself and paid the price, HIS VERY LIFE, which was everything He had, for a sinner like me.

Learning to trust God. . . knowing He paid a price. . . One day at a time.


Carla

4 comments:

carrots12tn said...

Hi Carla,

I saw your post on Money Saving Mom about having 4 cats and trying to budget. It was right below mine! lol Do you have a Petco near you? I am not sure what type of cat food you usually use, but Petco has a program (Petco Pals) where if you buy 10 bags of the same type of cat food, the 11th bag is free. The only catch is that you have to buy the 10 bags within 12 months of each other to get your free one. With 4 cats, that might bring you significant savings. We used this all the time when we had 2 dogs, but now that we just have one, we don't ever get to the 10 bags in a year. :( (We buy the 35 lb. bag because it is cheaper in the long run). Anyway, just a thought. Hope it helps!

carrots12tn said...

Sorry to double post, but in case you don't know about it, here's the link to information on the Petco program:
https://secure.petco.com/Content/ContentNoRight.aspx?PC=palsprograminfo&Nav=138

carrots12tn said...

Well, that didn't work. lol
Anyway, go to www.petco.com, and click on the Petco P.A.L.S. button on the left hand menu bar. Then click on "Learn About P.A.L.S" under that same button.

Carla said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the advice about Petco. I actually have a card from there, but have not participated in that program. It sounds like it is really worth it, especially since Petco is not too far from our home. Any little bit helps. These cats are proving to be expensive! :) I appreciate you writng to me!

God bless you,
Carla