Friday, August 1, 2008

The Mind of Christ

Yesterday I posted about being crucified and I am still pondering what that truly means!  Then last night at our Bible Study at church we were studying in I Corinthians and we came upon the verse that talks about how we "have the mind of Christ!"  Wow! How incredible!  I decided to "take that verse home" and make it my own.  What I mean by that is that I truly have to ponder that thought, too.  God is so good to teach us these things in His Word.  One thing He has been showing me is that I worry too much.  Since I am on a journey to learn to trust Him more, this verse about having the mind of Christ really stood out on the page of the Bible as if it were written just for me.  God is so personal in the way He ministers to us.  If I want to learn to trust God more, then every time I start to worry, I am going to claim that verse and put it into practice.  My mind should not be worrying because I have the mind of Christ, and He does not worry, nor does He want me to worry.  He wants me to trust Him.  When I start to have sinful thoughts, such as negative, judgemental thoughts about others, I can say NO I am not going to think these things because I have the mind of Christ!  Jesus is loving and caring and not critical and thinking the worst of us!  I am wanting to walk closer to God, and have a relationship that is not hindered with any worldly thoughts.  Part of my journey has been to see God showing me from deep within things about myself that need to be changed. I am grateful for His amazing love for me in showing me these things, and bringing them to the surface.  Now I just need to obey and trust Him to show me how He wants me to live according to His magnificent truths!  I still don't comprehend how I can have the mind of Christ, but I am determined to continue down this path of learning and following Him.

Learning to trust God . . . having the mind of Christ . . . One day at a time.

Carla

No comments: