Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Magnify

"The Lord be magnified!"  This morning I was thinking about that verse and what it means to magnify the Lord.   Immediately I thought about a magnifying glass.  Whenever I have looked through a magnifying glass, it has simply taken something small and made it appear bigger.  Then when the magnifying glass is removed the thing is still small in size.  As I have looked through my camera lens, the object has been made to look closer than it is to get a more up close picture, but it never really changes.  But the Lord is not "small" and He does not need anyone to try to make Him any different than He is!  As I get to know Him more, I do realize all the time how great and awesome He really is. So my knowledge of Him does increase.  My faith and love grow "bigger." However I realized as I pondered this verse a little more, that magnified probably means to praise Him and to extol Him because of who He is.  It has nothing to do with trying to make Him " look" any different.  What I desire to do is to intensify my praise of Him, as He alone is worthy of my praise!  He alone is worthy of being magnified because of who He is.  In the Psalms it says "Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let those who love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified." So I have to ask myself how I am seeking Him?  Am I rejoicing in Him and am I glad in Him?  Do I truly love His salvation?  Am I continually praising or magnifying Him?  These are all areas I want to grow in because  I know that it is His will for me.  But it is His will for all of us.  What a joy it is to come together with others to praise Him.  "O Come Magnify the Lord with me."

Learning to trust God . . . and to Magnify His Name . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: