Thursday, August 14, 2008

Answered Prayer

Praise God!  Our family has been waiting for the DNA results on Josiah's test.  It has taken what has seemed like forever to find out the results.  They are NEGATIVE!  That news was worth the wait.  I hope the Lord can see into my heart to know how thankful I truly am.  My words can't adequately express to Him my gratitude.  Yet, somehow I know that the Lord understands when we don't know how to express our heart's inner thoughts, whether they be great praises, or deep cries for help.  We don't have to have the perfect words, or a long elegant prayer for God to hear and know our thoughts.  A simple "Thank you, Lord" from the depths of our heart speaks volumes to Him.  In the case of a need too hard to express, God hears our simple cry "Lord, Help" or "I need You."  He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  He is here with us always, in the troubling times and in the times when we have waited patiently for Him, and made Him our trust! I can't help but to think that God is smiling down on us because He knows our heartfelt thanks to Him, and it pleases Him to see us acknowledge His good work in Josiah's life.   "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised."


Learning to trust God . . .   Thanking Him for Answered Prayer . . . One Day at a Time

No comments: