Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In My Unworthiness

I am very excited today because I have been asked to go back to the Christian Jail Ministry this Sunday to speak.  As I am learning to trust God on this journey I am on, I am very aware of the fact that I am totally dependent on Him to do this work Sunday.  It is His work not mine.  I am realizing more and more that I am needing to rely on Him in all areas of my life,  all the time, every day, every moment!  I am excited to go to the jail and see the ladies.  I get blessed when I am there. They are desperate to hear God's Word.  I, too, am desperate for His Word.  I feel so unworthy of being used by God to bring forth His Word to them. That is because I  am unworthy, except through Him. He is worthy. Yes, He IS worthy!!  He is worthy to receive glory and honor and power. For He has created all things for His pleasure! He is worthy!!  My heart overflows with such love and gratitude to God for all He has done for me. It amazes me that He is continually working in me, in spite of the fact that there are times  when I have little faith.  There are times when I rebel and sin. Yet, in my unworthiness, He is walking beside me and guiding me as I seek to know Him better.   He is revealing Himself to me. I want my desire to be for Him alone. I want to be used of Him.  The more I seek His face and the more I see His holiness, the more I then see my self as one who has fallen so short.   Yet, He chose me!  He died for me!  No, I don't understand or comprehend this at all, but I believe it by faith. That is how I have to live my life, daily, by faith, trusting Him to do His good work, through this unworthy vessel. . . me!

Trusting God . . . in my unworthiness . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: