Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Have Been Crucified With Christ

When we think of the word crucify, naturally as Christians, the first thing that comes to mind is Jesus and His crucification on the cross for our sins.  We should never loose sight of what He did for us, even for a second.  Yet, the Bible also says that we have been crucified! "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I  who live, but Christ lives in me." God's word also says that we have "Crucified the flesh with it's passions and desires!"  Those are some amazing thoughts to ponder.  As I go deeper into trying to understand God's plan for my life, I have been trying to understand and apply these verses.  I know that God has given me a new life as a Christian. "The old has been put off and the new put on"  and that every sin then is nailed to the cross.  My sinful nature is considered dead because of what Jesus did for me. So then why do I keep sinning?   Why do I fall so often?  All I can say is that this new life must be lived in the power of the Holy Spirit and not my own.  I think that is part of the problem.  So often I forget to pray and I go about my life on my own, not including God in my everyday decisions.  I don't include the Holy Spirit into my conversation, my attitudes, my actions.  I need to trust Him in all things big and small.  It's not that I don't want to trust Him, or that I don't know I should, it is just I forget!  I forget to commit the little things in my life to Him, the average walking and talking type of things.  Before I know it I am feeling defeated and drug down by my sin.  I am feeling that conviction within my soul that I am not right with God.  I need to constantly moment my moment live my life remembering I am crucified with Christ, and that my evil deeds have been crucified as well. I am so grateful God loves me and will never give up on helping me grow!

Learning to trust God . . .   Crucified   . . . One Day at a Time

Carla

No comments: